[Paraview-developers] New repository for ParaView

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:20:58 -0500

Hello All,

The new repository for ParaView seems to be ready for people to try it,
so we plan to do some cvs magic tomorrow.

Here is my plan:

1. Lock CVS repository

2. Rename ParaView to ParaView-Old

3. Fix soft-links from ParaViewComplete to point to ParaView-Old
(instead of ParaView)

4. Fix soft-links in the new repository (the one not fixed yet) to point
to ParaViewComplete

5. Rename new repository to ParaView

6. Unlock CVS repository

After that, if you checkout "ParaViewComplete", you will get the old
ParaView, and "ParaView" will give you new one.

Before I do this, I would like to warn everybody that all outstanding
files in the old repository should be commited today.

For transition phase, there will be ParaView2 repository available,
which can be used until Friday.

Let me know if there are any issues with this.

Thank you.

			Andy Cedilnik
			Kitware Inc.