[Paraview-developers] (no subject)

Charles Law charles.law at kitware.com
Wed Aug 11 11:20:32 EDT 2004

Eric,

This is pretty straight forward.  You just have to make a VTK filter that
changes an attribute of the selected cells.  The selection should be
specified in units that is the same on all processes (not cell id, but
world coordinates would do).  Filters (on each process) would select the
cells/points and change the selected attribute.  No inter-process
communication is needed.  There are several 3D widgets which will specify a
region in ParaView.

Charles.