[Paraview-developers] Paraview Release Schedule

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:52:05 -0500

Hello Folks,

I wanted to run our tentative release plans by everyone. Currently we =
are
planning to do quarterly formal releases where each release will consist =
of:

Branch VTK (1.5 months before release)
Branch Paraview (1 month before release)
Beta Paraview (0.5 months before release)
Release
Patch Releases (as needed over the next three months)

These four release will be one month into each quarter (e.g. Feb 1st, =
May
1st, Aug 1st, and Nov 1st). For this Feb 1st schedule we will branch VTK
about one month ahead and branch ParaView three weeks before the =
release.
The releases will be numbered 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, and 1.8. In the next few =
weeks
I'll send out an email with more roadmap ideas & questions. Comments,
flames,etc?

Thanks
Ken

Ken Martin, PhD