[Openchemistry-developers] GSOC-2024

Geoffrey Hutchison geoff.hutchison at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 16:11:42 UTC 2024

 Hi,

I saw your message, but it’s premature to talk, since organizations aren’t
decided. There’s no guarantee that Open Chemistry will be selected for
GSoC. We make no assumptions, since Google changes mentoring organizations
from year to year.

If you want to ask about Open Babel, and the community, it has its own
mailing list - in particular openbabel-devel
https://sourceforge.net/projects/openbabel/lists/openbabel-devel

I think the other step you’d want to take is to show some work with
emscripten or similar tool to generate JavaScript from C++ projects. For
example Open Babel is very modular and has many components in shared
libraries (file formats, etc.). Is it possible to have one
“libopenbabel.js” and then load individual “pdbformat.js” as needed?

I believe Google will make announcements about organizations soon.

Best regards,
-Geoff