[Openchemistry-developers] Google Summer of Code 2023

Abd Al Rahman Gad abdo.gta22 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 00:01:59 UTC 2023

Hi,
I am Abd al Rahman Gad ,
I am  a computer science student ,
I am  interested in contributing to RDKit  project "port xyz2mol to the RDKit core” which will be in the Google Summer of Code 2023

This project had my interest , and I looked at various resources related to it Such that : the xyz2mol source code , RDKit api C++ ,
and looked for some the C++ version of the xyz2mol source code in the C++ api.

I stated these information in a really early incomplete draft : https://docs.google.com/document/d/165DWo2ADtHhRXDdQRGrVEcpTt8VdlAqdjhI-RHFoWXI/edit#heading=h.p2lisbe5cxh2 <https://docs.google.com/document/d/165DWo2ADtHhRXDdQRGrVEcpTt8VdlAqdjhI-RHFoWXI/edit#heading=h.p2lisbe5cxh2>

Which is open for comments

I really am interested in participating in this project ,
I hope you tell me about how should I prepare myself better to be a good candidate for the project ,
And should I email the mentor about the project to get more specific advice?

Cordially,
Abd al Rahman Gad