[Openchemistry-developers] Google Summer of Code 2019

Karol Langner karol.langner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 11:11:59 EDT 2019

Hello Utkarsh,

Sorry for the late reply. As far as GSOC is concerned, I think at this
point you should focus on the application. Keep in mind that the timeline
is limited to the summer. So, for example:
1. Which methods do you think are feasible to finish during the summer? All
three? A subset? If it's tough to say, does it make sense to set a stretch
target?
2. For these methods, what are the key ingredients, and which aspects do
you think will be problematic to implement?
3. Will the implementation live within cclib, or be based on it and live
separately?
4. Are there any significant performance bottlenecks? Do you have ideas
about how to handle these?

Hopefully that helps somewhat.

Best,
Karol