[Openchemistry-developers] Regarding GSoc 2019

Geoffrey Hutchison geoff.hutchison at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 08:58:04 EST 2018

Dear Vishesh,

Thanks for your message - at the moment, we don't know if we'll be selected again for GSoC 2019. We also haven't started a 2019 "ideas" list. That said, we'd be happy to have you contribute.

One thing to understand is that Open Chemistry is an "umbrella" organization with multiple sub-projects. You should probably take a look at last year's idea list to think about the projects (e.g., there's a range of programming languages from JavaScript and Java to Python and C++).

http://wiki.openchemistry.org/GSoC_Ideas_2018

A number of the ideas on the page were accomplished in 2018, but they should give you a rough concept of needs of particular projects. I'd suggest you pick one project and then ask for more details about needs, find the project GitHub, look for issues/bugs to fix, etc. as a place to start.

Welcome!
-Geoff

---
Prof. Geoffrey Hutchison