[Openchemistry-developers] Regarding the proposal (GSoC 2018)

Kunal Sharma ks05111996 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 23:26:11 EDT 2018

Hello mentors,

I have created a pull request for cclib issue #452 and have started to work
on my proposal for the following topics:
1. Implement New Parsers
2.Implement QC JSON schema in cclib
3. Advanced Analysis of Quantum Chemistry data

*I want to club 2 out of th 3 above mentioned topics as my project for GSoC
2018.*

*I have the following queries I need your help with.*
1. What new parsers are we looking at to implement?
2. Can I club together two topics? I think working for about 35-40 hours a
week will be give me enough time to implement two topics.
3. What is the exact end goal for the QC JSON schema project?
4. Along with the proposal what other work can I begin that will help the
chances of my proposal being selected?

I have started work on my proposal and will get the first draft (for you to
look through) ready in a few days.

Thank you.

Yours truly,
Kunal Sharma