[Openchemistry-developers] self introduction- new to open source

Geoffrey Hutchison geoff.hutchison at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 22:38:06 EDT 2018

Dear Akash,

Thank you for your message. I'll point out that the project you mention is currently being finished as a 2018 project:
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/6513013473935360/#projects <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/6513013473935360/#projects>

Moreover, while we will certainly apply to be a mentoring organization in 2019, there is no guarantee that we will be selected as an organization next year - new orgs (and project ideas) will likely start happening in January/February.

I have cc'ed Greg Landrum, who is the project lead for the RDKit package (i.e., the package receiving the generalized fingerprinting function). You can potentially look into other RDKit projects.

But I'd emphasize that many of the ideas in our project require significant amounts of chemistry knowledge. That's not something you mention.

Best regards,
-Geoff

---
Prof. Geoffrey Hutchison