[Openchemistry-developers] Introduction : GSoC 2018

Geoffrey Hutchison geoff.hutchison at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 18:56:56 EDT 2017

> Could someone point me to open issues in the existing code base, to start with or introduce me to some exciting project ideas so that I can start contributing?

I see that the RDKit folks mentioned some projects, but the wiki link gives more.

We’ve also had a goal in the Avogadro project to add Python scripting to the interface:
http://wiki.openchemistry.org/GSoC_Ideas_2017#Project:_Scripting_Bindings

The idea would be to allow an interactive Python console to Avogadro, similar to options in PyMol. This could also add integration to packages like RDKit, cclib, and Open Babel.

Cheers,
-Geoff

---
Prof. Geoffrey Hutchison