[Openchemistry-developers] Summer of Code with Open Chemistry

Geoffrey Hutchison geoff.hutchison at gmail.com
Thu May 4 12:33:53 EDT 2017

Dear Students,

As you may be aware, Google announced the accepted projects for Summer of Code 2017. I wanted to give thanks to *all* the students who gave proposals, whether you were selected or not. This was only the second time we've participated directly in GSoC and we were exceedingly pleased with both the quality of students and the quality of proposals submitted. Congrats.

Honestly, we had to make many hard decisions based on the limited number of "slots" awarded by Google.

If you were not selected, we would still love to work with as many as you as possible. We welcome new contributors and new ideas - that's the foundation of open source and open science.

Thanks and best regards,
-Geoff, Marcus, David, Karol, Adam, Greg, Paul, Dmitry, Xiuxia, and everyone with Open Chemistry