[Openchemistry-developers] Regarding GSoC

Geoffrey Hutchison geoffh at pitt.edu
Sun Mar 5 14:28:56 EST 2017

Dear Anishka,

Thanks and welcome!  I think a key component in a strong student proposal is to pick one project that interests you the most and think carefully about the components needed. For example, you list 3 projects with RDKit - compile RDKit, try it out, and see if you can fix a bug or two from the RDKit tracker.

We also have advice about applying on the wiki:
http://wiki.openchemistry.org/Applying_to_GSoC

Hope that helps,
-Geoff

---