[Openchemistry-developers] Contribution

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Mar 9 11:54:19 EST 2016

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 3:56 AM, Arya Mihir Singh
<arya.m.singh.10 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a student of IIIT HYDERABAD (India). I'm in my second year (pursuing
> B.Tech in computer science). I want to contribute to your open source
> community. Can you please guide me, as to how to start. Maybe I can solve a
> few bugs. I'm acquainted with python ,Open GL, webgl ,c, c++, Javascript,
> html,....

I think building the tools, getting to know how the application works,
and using it is a great start. If you discover a bug then I would love
to see a patch to fix it, if not submit a trivial patch that
demonstrates that you can work with Git, GitHub, pull requests etc.

More importantly, think about the project you would like to pursue, is
it something you are passionate about, do you understand the
motivation? We would like to get proposals from students who are
passionate about this area, and can demonstrate they have a good
chance of implementing their project.

Our ideas page links to proposal guidelines that go through some other
things we are looking for.

Thanks,

Marcus