[Openchemistry-developers] Build error in make -j5 comand

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Mar 2 11:37:47 EST 2016

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Marcus D. Hanwell
<marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry about the delay replying, hectic start to the week. I will try a
> fresh build now, I am guessing you are using Linux with the Makefile
> generator, recent CMake? Details on your distribution might help,
> hopefully I can reproduce it, the error looks like we are failing to
> pull in the symbols from libX11.

I see the issue, easy fix is to use cmake-gui in the build directory,
and tick USE_SYSTEM_GLEW, you would then need to use your package
manager to install glew. I would consider doing the same for BOOST,
EIGEN, and ZLIB. I will see if I can fix/update glew now - it used to
work but it appears to have issues on more modern Linux distributions.

Thanks,

Marcus