[Openchemistry-developers] Intersted in Contributing

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Mar 2 11:11:34 EST 2016

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Shalin <sns37 at duke.edu> wrote:
> Hello Awesome  People,
>
> I am a programmer at heart like you folks and I'd like contribute. Though, I
> am stuck as a PhD student right now.  :D

Sounds good, your message got stuck in the moderation queue, but I rescued it.

> I was following your open chemistry build page and l also encountered
> errors(like Lakshman Meiyappan posted in a thread on this list) while doing
> a make though I am not doing it on command line, I am using QtCreator. It
> will be great if you can help me figure this part out.  I have attached the
> entire LOG file with this email; there are 2 errors and bunch of warnings.

Just taking a look at that now.

> That being said, I find your parallel computing ideas for GSoC'16 enticing
> and I would be interesting in working on them. We can use OpenMP/ Cilk or
> can even do CUDA GPU programming (this will be lot of work though).

These are areas we are very interested in, so I would love to know
more about what you are thinking. I will see if I can reproduce your
errors here, and may have more questions. Just about caught up on
emails after being offline most of yesterday.

Best,

Marcus