[Openchemistry-developers] Fwd: QLocalSocket error "ASSERT: "last >= first" in file itemmodels/qabstractitemmodel.cpp"

Carlos Salgado carlos.salgado.cs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 22:09:33 EDT 2016

Dear all,

My name is Carlos Salgado and I'm working with Avogadro2 and MoleQueue to
run my Gaussian calculations. I'm also developing several features for the
Gaussian plugin.

Avogadro2 and MoleQueue have shown to be very powerful tools for these
purposes. However, since few days I'm experiencing a problem with the
QLocalSocket communication between Avogadro2 and MoleQueue in UNIX. The
execution stops after the debugging message "ASSERT: "last >= first" in
file itemmodels/qabstractitemmodel.cpp, line 2603". The crash occurs when
submitting the job in gaussianinputdialog.cpp (also in
gamessinputdialog.cpp):

      MoleQueueDialog::submitJob(this,
                                 tr("Submit GAUSSIAN Calculation"),
                                 job,
MoleQueueDialog::WaitForSubmissionResponse

MoleQueueDialog::SelectProgramFromTemplate);

I think the error is related to a bad socket which remains in my computer,
because it affects also to a stable-build I have compiled hours ago. It
affects to different copies of the code which worked days ago. But I don't
know how to solve this problem, although this may be trivial for experts.

Could anyone tell me how to solve this issue, please?
Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Carlos Salgado