[Openchemistry-developers] Building Avogadro from OpenChemistry Github

Ishan Gupta ishangupta.work at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:52:54 EDT 2016

Hi Sanjeed,

I tried various ways of building the repo and one of the main errors were
occurring when it was building the testing libraries of Moleque. It was
throwing these error, which is in a nutshell belonging to QDataStream.

In file included from
> [...]
> In member function ‘void TestServer::readyRead()’:
>
> /home/kokeen/openchemistry/molequeue/molequeue/app/testing/testserver.h:107:29: error:
> variable ‘QDataStream in’ has initializer but incomplete type
>     QDataStream in (m_socket);
>                             ^
>
> /home/kokeen/openchemistry/molequeue/molequeue/app/testing/testserver.h:108:19: error:
> incomplete type ‘QDataStream’ used in nested name specifier
>     in.setVersion(QDataStream::Qt_4_7);
>                   ^
> make[5]: ***
> [molequeue/app/testing/CMakeFiles/testutils.dir/testserver.cpp.o] Error 1
> In file included from
> /home/kokeen/openchem/molequeue/molequeue/app/testing/moc_testserver.cpp:9:0,
>
>                 from
> /home/kokeen/openchem/molequeue/molequeue/app/testing/testutils_automoc.cpp:8
> :
>
> /home/kokeen/openchem/molequeue/molequeue/app/testing/../../../../../openchemistry/molequeue/molequeue/app/testing/testserver.h:
> In member function ‘void TestServer::sendPacket(const PacketTyp
> e&)’:
>
> /home/kokeen/openchem/molequeue/molequeue/app/testing/../../../../../openchemistry/molequeue/molequeue/app/testing/testserver.h:48:30: error:
> variable ‘QDataStream out’ has initializer but inc
> omplete type
>     QDataStream out (m_socket);
>                              ^
>
> /home/kokeen/openchem/molequeue/molequeue/app/testing/../../../../../openchemistry/molequeue/molequeue/app/testing/testserver.h:49:20: error:
> incomplete type ‘QDataStream’ used in nested name
> specifier
>     out.setVersion(QDataStream::Qt_4_7);
>                    ^
>
> /home/kokeen/openchem/molequeue/molequeue/app/testing/../../../../../openchemistry/molequeue/molequeue/app/testing/testserver.h:
> In member function ‘void TestServer::readyRead()’:
>
> /home/kokeen/openchem/molequeue/molequeue/app/testing/../../../../../openchemistry/molequeue/molequeue/app/testing/testserver.h:107:29: error:
> variable ‘QDataStream in’ has initializer but inc
> omplete type
>     QDataStream in (m_socket);
>                             ^
>
> /home/kokeen/openchem/molequeue/molequeue/app/testing/../../../../../openchemistry/molequeue/molequeue/app/testing/testserver.h:108:19: error:
> incomplete type ‘QDataStream’ used in nested name
> specifier
>     in.setVersion(QDataStream::Qt_4_7);
>                   ^
> make[5]: ***
> [molequeue/app/testing/CMakeFiles/testutils.dir/testutils_automoc.cpp.o]
> Error 1
> make[4]: *** [molequeue/app/testing/CMakeFiles/testutils.dir/all] Error 2
> make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[2]: *** [molequeue-prefix/src/molequeue-stamp/molequeue-build] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/molequeue.dir/all] Error 2

And due to these errors, the build exits without completing the build of
Avogadro application. Can you help me sort out how to make it work
correctly?

Thanks and with regards,
Ishan
ᐧ