[Openchemistry-developers] ChemicalJSON key capitalization

Kyle Lutz kyle.lutz at kitware.com
Wed Jun 13 14:54:12 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Ian Daniher <ian at nonolithlabs.com> wrote:
> If you're going to have "inchi" instead of "InChI", you might as well go all
> the way. It'd be great to see line 68 of chemjsonfileformat.cpp fixed.

This should be an easy fix. I just need to know what the right fix is
:-). I think we should to select one of the following options:

1. Standardize on all lower-case keys (e.g. always "inchi" instead of
"InChI" and "chemical json" instead of "Chemical JSON").
2. Specify that all keys are to be parsed in a case-insensitive manner
(e.g. "inchi", "InChI", and "INCHI" would all be valid).
3. Some other way I haven't though of...

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Kyle