[Na-mic-project-week] Introducing two projects to discuss for NA-MIC week

Andras Lasso lasso at queensu.ca
Wed Nov 23 18:13:05 EST 2016

Matlab integration:

All Matlab commands are executed in the same session. All variables (except local variables that you define in a function) are preserved, unless you specifically request closing of Matlab after command execution.

You can directly enter commands and see results using MatlabCommander module. We can add a Python utility function that can send a command to Matlab using MatlabCommander and print the result on the Python console. Something like:
>> matlab(‘a=5*5’)
ans=25

We can also implement support for table nodes on the MatlabBridge interface. It could allow sending/receiving parameters bypassing the GUI generated by the CLI XML description (I’m not sure how useful it is but it is easy to do).

Andras