[Midas] backup the data

Patrick Reynolds patrick.reynolds at kitware.com
Wed Sep 19 13:43:42 EDT 2012

All of the information attached to the bitstreams, items, folders, communities, and users are stored in the the database. Essentially, the assetstore is useless without the database.

You can configure postgresql or or mysql to store the database on any disk you would like, simply consult the documentation for your database.

Thanks,
Patrick Reynolds
Technical Leader
Kitware, Inc.