[Midas] Changing the assetstore in Midas

Michael Grauer michael.grauer at kitware.com
Wed Sep 5 18:31:14 EDT 2012

Hmmm, yeah, those ownership values look strange, with the numeric owners
and groups.

I tried to reproduce your use case, mounting a cifs network share and using
that as an assetstore.  I was able to get it to work, but you might have
trouble because you will be using different authentication mechanism,
hopefully this will get you close.

Here is my setup:

-a network share at //networkserver/share
-a folder under that share at //networksever/share/mgrauer/temp
-created a folder on my local machine at /mnt/networkshare/temp
-changed ownership of that local folder to the www-data user and group

sudo chown www-data:www-data /mnt/networkshare/temp

-mounted the network share folder to the local folder, (I can mount that
share without my username, hence the "guest"), and the uid and gid of
www-data (the apache user on ubuntu)

sudo mount -t cifs //networkserver/share /mnt/networkshare/temp -o
"username=guest,uid=www-data,gid=www-data,noauto,umask=002,file_mode=0775,dir_mode=0775,rw"

now when I do

ls -latr /mnt/networkshare/temp

I can see the mgrauer folder (from //networkserver/share/mgrauer) and it is
owned by www-data:www-data

I then added this local path as an assetstore and set this assetstore as
the default, and was able to upload to Midas and have my files saved and
folders/subfolders created.

assetstorepath = /mnt/networkshare/temp/mgrauer/temp

I hope this gives you some insight into your setup.

Thanks,
Mike

--
Thanks,