[Midas] features?

Patrick Reynolds patrick.reynolds at kitware.com
Thu Aug 9 10:24:26 EDT 2012

Thanks,
Patrick Reynolds
Technical Leader
Kitware, Inc.
919 869 8848

On Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Mona Wong wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am wondering if the following features are supported or can be added (without hacking core) by writing my own plugin:
>
> 1. Users without account can access stuff with a code...kinda like what doodle.com (http://doodle.com) does?
This could definitely be done with a plugin. This can be viewed as a security hole, though, so be careful.

> 2. Use MyProxy as user authentication?
We already have the LDAP plugin and an OTP plugin, so I'd assume a similar plugin could be written for MyProxy (though I'm not personally familiar with the technology).

> 3. Role-based authorization?
This is an interesting idea. I guess what you're meaning here is that you could add a user to a group and it would automatically have access to everything that that group does. We have that to some extent with the community's groups, but I guess that could be expanded upon. Could you elaborate on the use cases?