[Kiwiviewer] display a multidomain surface model

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Fri Mar 2 07:04:26 EST 2012

Hi,

I started playing with kiwiviewer. Looks very promising. I need to
show polygonal surface meshes in different colors and with different
transparency values for different surface model parts. Such meshes
simply come from simplified CAD models that I need to show to
customers. I have achieved all I want using the *.kiwi scene
description, it works fine, a serious problem however is, that this
way I need to send several files around and not one. By clicking the
*.kiwi file (from Dropbox or as an email attachment) there is an
obvious error about missing parts. I know how to combine my separate
surface meshes into one vtp file, but I do not know how to control the
color and transparency - and I need full control here. Is there any
way to achieve this with Kiwiviewer?

Thanks
Dominik