[ITK-users] Check if an image is 2D or 3D

Javier Juan Albarracín javij1 at gmail.com
Sun May 15 10:41:10 EDT 2016

Hello, I have an algorithm than can only be applied to 3D volumes, not
2D images.

I plann to implement the function as:

bool Algorithm<ImageType>::run(ImagePointer image)

Is there any form to know through the ImageType or ImagePointer whether
is a 3D or a 2D volume?? Or should I change the header of the function
to something like:

bool Algorithm<itk::Image<TPixel, VImageDimension>run(ImagePointer image)

With this function header I have direct access to the image dimension,
but in the other header, there is no form to know the image dimension
through the typedef ImageType??

Thank you