[ITK-users] How to apply affine transformation without sheering ( 9 parameter instead of 12)

Riya Paul riyaforms at gmail.com
Tue May 13 09:05:26 EDT 2014

Hello ,

I am modifying the source code to do affine transformation. After applying
the affine registration the output image was not so good. I was expecting
more points and more clear image like my reference image.

I am new in itk programming and  I have very basic knowledge about it. I
have already the source code where they are performing affine transformation
( without specifying the parameters) So basically IT is taking completely 12
parameters including the shear / skew parameters. I think may be this is why
the output image is kind of not good. I though If I will use 9 parameters
except the skew parameters then It may be improve the registered output
image quality. Please help me how to do that.