[ITK-users] [ITK] Exception when running IO example ImageReadCastWrite in Xcode

padillr ramonpadilla1 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 08:30:33 EDT 2014

Hi Matt,

I was able to successfully build and run the ImageReadCastWrite example
using both the example you provided and the suggestion in your follow up
post to guide me.

So, thanks very much for your help.

Using ITK in this way (i.e. build ITK using Cmake and then link to ITK
binaries from within my Xcode project application) is consistent with how we
use other COTS libraries.

Can you tell me of there are any other potential hidden pitfalls like the
factory registration that I should be aware of? I still don't really get why
building the examples using Cmake (that generates some factory registration
code) is recommended over manually adding some code to do it.

regards

Ramon