[Insight-users] how to change 2D ITK-images to 3D Image Volume

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Sep 24 12:00:50 EDT 2013

Hello,

To join a series of 2D image into a 3D volume you can you the JoinImageFilter:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1JoinImageFilter.html

The extract a 2D image from a 3D volume you can use the ExtractImageFilter:
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ExtractImageFilter.html

To extract a 3D volume from a 3D volume there are a few filter:
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ExtractImageFilter.html
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1RegionOfInterestImageFilter.html
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1CropImageFilter.html

Hope that helps,