[Insight-users] invalid null pointer when running the new() function of optimizer

Jie-Zhi Cheng jiezhicheng at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 01:41:48 EDT 2013

Hello there,

I am pretty new to itk and try to get familiar with by following several
provided image registration examples.
What I did just copy and paste the sample codes on my project.
However, my project crashes with messages "Debug Assertion Failed....
invalid null pointer", whenever it is running the statement
"OptimizerType::Pointer optimizer = OptimizerType::New();".
I have tried the optimizers "typedef itk::AmoebaOptimizer" and "typedef
itk::RegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer" and both shares the same problem.

Is there anyone can teach me what did I miss or anything wrong?

Sincerely,
JZ