[Insight-users] use itkMultiScaleHessianBasedMeasureImageFilter, got an empty image.

Sergio Vera sergio.vera at alma3d.com
Thu Apr 11 05:39:31 EDT 2013

The Multiscale(...)ImageFilter search uses NumberOFSigmaSteps between
SigmaMin and SigmaMax. The steps can be set to linear or logaritmic. The
general output will be computed as the maximum response of all scales. You
cannot -as far as I know- obtain the individual output if each scale from
this filter.

However, what you can obtain is a label map where you can see the scale
that gave the maximum response. You have to enable this with the method
GenerateScalesOutputOn<http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MultiScaleHessianBasedMeasureImageFilter.html#af1cefcefcef3fbe99038623e3e40ccd4>
()
and obtain the scales ouput image with
GetScalesOutput<http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MultiScaleHessianBasedMeasureImageFilter.html#af4d973923b178da1ce5224541dd4bfad>
()
method

If you need the individual scale output you have to do it manually calling
n times the single scale version of the vesselness filter

regards

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 3:00 AM, Little Joy <joy.king1989 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sergio,
> Thank you very much.
>
> I converted the image to double before Hessian Filter as you replied and I
> got the correct result.
> But I'm still confused about the scales. So could you explain it for me?
>
> Best Regards,
> Joy
>

> --

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ