[Insight-users] GDCM Separate diffusion images by b-value

kosborn kevin.osborn at UNSWalumni.com
Sun Oct 21 21:21:25 EDT 2012

Thanks for the reply.  I had a look inside the GDCM code and there seems to
be a problem with gdcm::SerieHelper which is used by GDCMSeriesFileNames.
SerieHelper has two vectors that contain series restrictions:

    typedef std::vector<Rule> SerieRestrictions;

    SerieRestrictions Restrictions;
    SerieRestrictions Refine;

SerieHelper has two public methods to add series restrictions. One adds the
restrictions to Refine (used by GDCMSeriesFileNames) and the other adds the
restrictions to Restrictions. The Refine restrictions don't seem to filter
appropriately  - I haven't looked closely enough to work out why yet. But I
have found that the following works instead.

    itk::GDCMSeriesFileNames::Pointer nameGenerator =
itk::GDCMSeriesFileNames::New();
    nameGenerator->SetUseSeriesDetails(true);
    nameGenerator->GetSeriesHelper()->AddSeriesRestriction(0x0019, 0x100c,
"400", gdcm::GDCM_GREATER);
    nameGenerator->SetDirectory(dirName);

This will select only those images with a b-value greater than 400 (using
the Siemens private tag for b-value).

Alessandro wrote