[Insight-users] GDCM Separate diffusion images by b-value

kosborn kevin.osborn at UNSWalumni.com
Sun Oct 21 09:32:54 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am writing an application to process diffusion weighted MR images. The
scanner I have access to generates a single series containing all b-values
acquired. Using GDCMSeriesFileNames I am able to sort the images by image
number (and hence b-value), but I am not able to select only those images
with a certain b-value. I have tried using series restrictions as follows:

        itk::GDCMSeriesFileNames::Pointer nameGenerator =
itk::GDCMSeriesFileNames::New();
        nameGenerator->SetUseSeriesDetails(true);
        nameGenerator->AddSeriesRestriction("0018|9087");  //Diffusion
b-value
        nameGenerator->SetDirectory(dirName);

but I still get all images with all b-values.

Is it possible to separate images within the one series by b-value?

Thanks.