[Insight-users] Watershed and Ultimate Erode Points on 3D MicroCT

Ruben Neves ruben.m.neves at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 15:11:13 EST 2012

Greetings,

I have a 16-bit (signed short) vtk image of a MicroCT that I have already
filtered and binarized.

I have been playing with some samples (taken from the original) in ImageJ
and I reached the point were I really need to apply the Ultimate Erode
Points and the Watershed segmentation to my binary original. To be clear, I
want the separate outputs from each process, no mixes...

As for the watershed segmentation, I've got the algorithm taken from the
examples of ITK, but I'm not very sure how to work with the input
parameters. In my binary original I have shapes that are "overlapping", and
became a single shape with the binary threshold, hence my need for
watershed. I just need to separate them like ImageJ does.

As for the Ultimate Erode Points, I'm a bit clueless...

Can Anyone shed some light over these two issues?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards

Ruben Neves