[Insight-users] wrapITK+Python2.7+Visual Studio 2010

manuelspinheiro manuelspinheiro2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 09:34:39 EDT 2012

Hello Matt,

First of all thanks for answering, I saw the updates made in the tutorial
(http://farsight-toolkit.org/wiki/FARSIGHT_Tutorials/Building_Software/Building_ITK).

I've tried with ITK v4.2.0, CableSwig 3.20.0 and Python 2.7.3 (because it
seems that Python 3.2 is not supported by the current version of ITK). All
project configurations were performed with Cmake 2.8.8.

I've put the CableSwig inside the InsightToolkit-4.2.0 source dir
\Utilities\CableSwig as I did before and I've followed the tutorial, the
only difference is that I've put the ITK_WRAPPING variable ON (I think it is
the equivalent to the USE_WRAP_ITK mentioned in the tutorial).

I've got an error related with the GCC_XML but after specifying the path to
the cvs:

/InsightToolkit-4.2.0/Documentation/cvspasswd.exe

and after specifying all python variables to target the Python 2.7.3 Cmake
generated the project without errors.

In Visual Studio 2010 184 projected were builded successfully but 275
projects failed. Am I missing something?

Best Regards