[Insight-users] PETITION TO END SOFTWARE PATENTS (Please Sign It)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Sep 26 11:40:50 EDT 2011

A petition to the White House to end the issuing
of software patents is being hosted here:

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/#!/petition/direct-patent-office-cease-issuing-software-patents/vvNslSTq

As you probably know, Software Patents are the
largest obstruction to the progress of the software
technology field, and the biggest threat to the future
Open Source software

In ITK and we have worked hard to remove known
patented methods to make possible for you to build
upon an open platform without the burden of patent
restrictions.

This petition is our chance to do something productive
against software patents, beyond just complaining
about them.

Please support the future of Open Source
by signing this petition.

------
PS:
You first must create an account in the