[Insight-users] GPU processing in ITK4

Jim Miller millerjv at ge.com
Mon Sep 26 10:19:19 EDT 2011

Dzenan

The bulk of the GPU support is not in the main ITK repository yet.  There are GPU-Alpha and GPU-Beta branches on individual github accounts for the very brave but I do recommend using it yet. The GPU-Alpha is reported to work on some Windows platforms and GPU-Beta is reported to work on some Mac platforms (but not vice versa).

The GPU support will include exemplar implementations of a variety of filter types which the community can use to base GPU implementations of other filters. These family of filters will include UnaryFunctor style filter, linear neighborhood filters, diffusion, demons style registration. Plus an outside group has implemented the RecursiveGaussian filter in this architecture.

Won-Ki Jeong's latest presentation on the GPU architecture from the June ITKv4 meeting is available at http://www.itk.org/Wiki/File:GPU-ITKv4-Summer-2011-final.pptx

Jim