[Insight-users] [vtkusers] problems with rendering using ray casting

Prathamesh Kulkarni prathameshmkulkarni at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 11:21:36 EDT 2011

Okay. I am using Windows 7 Professional. The OpenGL version is 1.1 with
8.17.12.5957. Here is a detailed report:

Renderer: GDI Generic
Vendor: Microsoft Corporation
Memory: 4095 MB
Version: 1.1.0
Shading language version: N/A

Max texture size: 1024 x 1024
Max texture coordinates: 0
Max vertex texture image units: 0
Max texture image units: 0
Max geometry texture units: 0
Max anisotropic filtering value: 0
Max number of light sources: 8
Max viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Max uniform vertex components: 0
Max uniform fragment components: 0
Max geometry uniform components: 0
Max varying floats: 0
Max samples: 0
Max draw buffers: 0

Extensions: 3

GL_EXT_bgra
GL_EXT_paletted_texture
GL_WIN_swap_hint

Core features
v1.1 (100 % - 7/7)
v1.2 (0 % - 0/6)
v1.3 (0 % - 0/9)
v1.4 (0 % - 0/14)
v1.5 (0 % - 0/3)
v2.0 (0 % - 0/10)
v2.1 (0 % - 0/3)
v3.0 (0 % - 0/23)
v3.1 (0 % - 0/7)
v3.2 (0 % - 0/10)
v3.3 (0 % - 0/9)
v4.0 (0 % - 0/13)
v4.1 (0 % - 0/5)
v4.2 (0 % - 0/12)

OpenGL driver version check (Current: 1.1.0, Latest known: 8.17.12.5957):
Outdated version of display drivers detected
According the database, you are might be not using the latest version of
display drivers for your video card.

No ICD registry entry
The current OpenGL driver doesn't expose the SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows
(NT)/CurrentVersion/OpenGLDrivers registry entry. Unable to detect the
driver version, driver revision name and filename.

No compiled vertex array support
This may cause performance loss in some applications.

No multitexturing support
This may cause performance loss in some applications.

No secondary color support
Some applications may not render polygon highlights correctly.

No S3TC compression support
This may cause performance loss in some applications.

No texture edge clamp support
This feature adds clamping control to edge texel filtering. Some programs
may not render textures correctly (black line on borders.)

No vertex program support
This feature enables vertex programming (equivalent to DX8 Vertex Shader.)
Some current or future OpenGL programs may require this feature.

No fragment program support
This feature enables per pixel programming (equivalent to DX9 Pixel Shader.)
Some current or future OpenGL programs may require this feature.

No OpenGL Shading Language support
This may break compatibility for applications using per pixel shading.

No Frame buffer object support
This may break compatibility for applications using render to texture
functions.

Few texture units found
This may slow down some applications using fragment programs or extensive
texture mapping.

Extension verification:
GL_EXT_color_subtable was not found, but has the entry point
glColorSubTableEXT
GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 was not found, but has the entry point
glColorSubTableEXT
GL_EXT_paletted_texture has the entry point glDrawArraysInstancedEXT
missing!
GL_EXT_paletted_texture has the entry point glDrawElementsInstancedEXT
missing!
GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc was not found, but has the entry point
glColorTableEXT
GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc was not found, but has the entry point
glGetColorTableEXT
GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc was not found, but has the entry point
glGetColorTableParameterfvEXT
GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc was not found, but has the entry point
glGetColorTableParameterivEXT
GL_WIN_swap_hint has the entry point glClearDepthfOES missing!
GL_WIN_swap_hint has the entry point glClipPlanefOES missing!
GL_WIN_swap_hint has the entry point glDepthRangefOES missing!
GL_WIN_swap_hint has the entry point glFrustumfOES missing!
GL_WIN_swap_hint has the entry point glGetClipPlanefOES missing!
GL_WIN_swap_hint has the entry point glOrthofOES missing!
GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 was not found, but is available in driver version
1.1.0
GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc was not found, but is available in driver
version 1.1.0

Prathamesh