[Insight-users] TIFF codes

Gib Bogle g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Sep 15 17:00:05 EDT 2011

Not strictly an ITK question, but someone may know this:  I am reading a set of
tiffs (16-bit, with the pixel values stored as 12-bit numbers), and every one
gives the same warnings:

TIFFReadDirectory: Warning, zzz.tif: unknown field with tag 317 (0x13d) encountered.
TIFFReadDirectory: Warning, zzz.tif: unknown field with tag 33628 (0x835c)
encountered.
TIFFReadDirectory: Warning, zzz.tif: unknown field with tag 33629 (0x835d)
encountered.
TIFFReadDirectory: Warning, zzz.tif: unknown field with tag 33630 (0x835e)
encountered.

If I open a file with Irfanview and save it, I do not get these messages from
ITK.  What do they mean?

Thanks
Gib