[Insight-users] uniformly distributed ray casting

Marzieh Berenjkoub m.berenjkoub at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 17:57:05 EDT 2011

Dear all
sorry for taking your time, I want to implement your paper: Automatic
centerline extraction of coronary arteries
would you please tell me how you implement uniformly distributed ray
casting? I use ITK and VTK , if it is possible tell me how I can implement
it?

A total number of NS rays must be uniformly distributed cast from the center
x to the sphere’s surface. For each ray, the casting stops when it reaches
the boundary of the sphere or when it encounters the boundary of a local
structure.

thanks alot
Best