[Insight-users] VTK app crashes by just including itk libs in the Qt pro file

Jothy jothybasu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 08:00:31 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I have a created a vtk based application in QtCreator. It uses gdcm and
vtk5.6.The the problem arises when I include itk headers in to the program.
I added the INCLUDEPATH and LIBS in the .pro file in QtCreator.It compiles
with out any problem. But the program crahes while I access some of the vtk
based function. I haven't included any itk headers in the cxx or .h files. I
tried rebuilding several times after running qmake. My understanding is, if
there is any problem with the INCLUDEPATH or LIBS then the entire program
should not work. But the program crashes only on acessing certain
functions/menus which uses only VTK(no itk in the pipeline).

I am using itk 3.16 and I could sucessfully run some of example files
compiled while building itk libs.

Any suggestion, what could be wrong?

Thanks

Jothy