[Insight-users] How to improve improve ImageRegistration8.cxx

Albina Asadulina albinaasadulina at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 14 08:44:42 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am using ImageRegistration8.cxx for the registration of the confocal
images. I have extended it with the multiresolution registration.
I would like to improve the results of the registration.

I use the rotated fixed image as moving image. So it should be easier
for an algorithm to find the solution. Later I want to use the program
for the registration of the rotated objects.

I was playing with the parameters and it seems that translationScale,
SetMaximumStepLength and number of levels for the multiresolution
registration  influence the result. But I still cannot reach the
desired quality. Could you recommend me anything? Should I send some
example images?

Best,
Albina