[Insight-users] Problems with itkDeformableMesh3DFilter

Sven Olaf Lüttmann sven.luettmann at fh-dortmund.de
Thu Oct 13 07:34:41 EDT 2011

Dear ITK-Users,

I'm experiencing problems implementing a deformable segmentation approach. I'm using the
itkDeformableMesh3DFilter.

Here is what I do specifically:

   1.

      Let the user draw contours with vtkContourWidget

   2.

      Connect these contours to form a model as vtkPolyData

   3.

      Convert the vtkPolyData to itk::Mesh using the code mentioned in the Auxiliary folder in the
      InsightApplications (vtkPolyDataToITKMesh.cxx)

   4.

      Use that mesh as initial mesh for the segmentation process

The problem is when I use my generated mesh the segmentation process crashes. When I use exactly the
same code as in the example, means using the BinaryMask3DMeshSource Filter to create the mesh,
everything works fine.

Are there any known issues converting vtkPolyData into itk::mesh.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

     Sven Lüttmann

--
*Fachhochschule Dortmund*
*University of Applied Sciences and Arts*

Sven Olaf Lüttmann
B.Sc. Medizinische Informatik

FB Informatik, Medizinische Informatik
Emil-Figge-Str. 42