[Insight-users] Inaccuracy in fftw calculation

Antonio Gómez Barquero agb1 at alu.upct.es
Wed Oct 5 11:22:52 EDT 2011

The code is here:

	// FFT CALCULATION
	// Inizialization of the neccesary elemnets for calculating the FFT.

	fftw_plan p1;  //variable for storing the FFT
	int N_fft= ancho*alto;  //number of points of the image
	fftw_complex *F1 =(fftw_complex*)
fftw_malloc(sizeof(fftw_complex)*alto*((ancho/2)+1));  // result pointer
	p1 = fftw_plan_dft_r2c_2d(alto,ancho, f1, F1, FFTW_ESTIMATE);  //
FFT planning
	fftw_execute(p1);  // FFT calculation
	fftw_destroy_plan(p1); // plan is destroyed

I want to do the FFT to double pointer called f1, it is the force vector
calculated from the gradient of an image (dT1):

	f1 = new double[ancho*alto]; //double *f1 = (double*)
malloc(sizeof(double)*ancho*alto);
	for ( int x= 0; x<alto; x++){
	for (int y = 0; y<ancho; y++){
		*(f1+ancho*x+y) =
gamma*(R[ancho*x+y]-T[ancho*x+y])*dT1[ancho*x+y]; // f1=gamma*L.*dT1;
	}
	}

Everything is also done for the second dimension.

Thanks Cory!

Antonio