[Insight-users] ITK Tutorials in China - Dec 2011 - Jan 2012

Xiaoxiao Liu xiaoxiao.liu at kitware.com
Wed Nov 30 11:38:31 EST 2011

Dear All,

So far we have received three requests from the following institutions, who
kindly offered lecture facilities as well:

Center for Human-Computer Interaction, Beijing Normal
University<http://psychbrain.bnu.edu.cn/teachcms/en/index.htm>,
Beijing  (contact person: Dr. Yong He)
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience and Learning, National Key Laboratory
at Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology,Chinese Academy of
Sciences,Shenzhen <http://www.siat.ac.cn/> (contact person: Dr. Fucang Jia)
Institute for Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, Huazhong
University of Science and
Technology,<http://english.hust.edu.cn/186_overview.html> Wuhan
(contact person: Dr. Zhiguo Cao)
Detailed  schedule will be posted later (hopefully by the end of next week)
on the wiki page<http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Outreach/Tutorials/China_Visit_2011#China_2011>.
Please email me if you are interested to attend one of the three sites for
the tutorial or discussions, which will help us to make plans accordingly.

Thank you so much for your interests and help!
It would be a great opportunity to bring ITK developers/users in
China together as a community. Looking forward to seeing you in China!

-Best,
Xiaoxiao

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>wrote:

> ITK Tutorials in China - Dec 2011 - Jan 2012
> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Outreach/Tutorials/China_Visit_2011#China_2011
>
> An ITK developer will be visiting China from:
>
>  December 16th 2011 to January 5th 2012
>
> and will be willing and prepared to give ITKv4 tutorials free
> and open to the public if any local institution is interested in
> taking care of the logistics (conference room, facilities,...etc).
>

> The Tutorials that we have in mind include:
>
>    - *ITKv4 Next Generation* (Similar to the one offered at MICCAI
>    September 2011 in Toronto)
>    - *ITK Video Bridge* (Similar to the one offered at CVPR in June 2011
>    Colorado Springs)
>    - *SimpleITK* (Similar to the one offered at MICCAI September 2011 in
>    Toronto)
>    - *Lesion Sizing Toolkit*
>
> These tutorials include hands-on exercises performed
> on Virtual Machines that contain a pre-installed version
> of ITK and the related software tools.
>
> The tutorials can be delivered either in Chinese (Mandarin)
> or English, at the preference of the organizers. (the materials
> will be in English).
>

> The cities that will be potential candidates for these events are
>
>    - Bei Jing
>    - Wu Han
>    - Hang Zhou
>    - Shang Hai
>

> If you are interested in organizing
>
> one of these events, please contact
>
>    Xiaoxiao Liu
>    xiaoxiao dot liu at kitware dot com

*Xiaoxiao Liu*, Ph.D.
R & D Engineer
Kitware Inc <http://www.kitware.com/>.
Clifton Park, NY
Phone: (518) 881-4924  or  (518) 371-3971 x124