[Insight-users] Read Write Program

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Wed Nov 2 10:46:31 EDT 2011

Dear Fari,
concerning the linking error, it looks like your project does not know
where your ITK libraries are located. Make sure that your CMakeLists.txt
contains the appropriate reference to the location of the ITK libraries, or
either you can setup the linking properties in MS Visual Studio.

Concerning the names of the IO images, you should include input arguments
in you main method so that you can enter some names for your files and your
program can have access to these variables:

This may be of help:

int main( int argc, char* argv[] )
{

// Typedefs
typedef itk::Image< PixelType, Dimension >      InputImageType ; // Choose
the PixelType and Dimension that best fit your problem
typedef itk::Image< PixelType, Dimension >      OutputImageType ; // Choose
the PixelType and Dimension that best fit your problem

typedef itk::ImageFileReader< InputImageType >                 ReaderType;
typedef itk::ImageFileWriter< OutputImageType >             WriterType;

// Objects
ReaderType::Pointer                                     reader =
ReaderType::New();
WriterType::Pointer                                       writer =
WriterType::New();

// Other things you need

reader->SetFileName( argv[1] );
writer->SetFileName( argv[2] );

// Your process

return EXIT_SUCCESS;

}

You can enter the names of the input arguments both when executing the
command line or when executing in MS Visual Studio as the input parameters
for execution in your project properties.

Best regards,
JON HAITZ