[Insight-users] Calculation of the distance between the 2 farthest voxels of an image

Terry Yoo tyoo at mail.nih.gov
Sun Jun 12 09:19:47 EDT 2011

Pedro:

x^2 + y^2 + z^2 = d^2

Simply:  The farthest distance is from one corner to the opposite corner of a rectangular volume.

max-distance = Sqrt((x-max * x-max) + (y-max * y-max) + (z-max * z-max))

Or am I missing something, Pedro?  Were you asking something else?

-Terry

Terry S. Yoo, PhD
National Library of Medicine
National Institutes of Health