[Insight-users] Local Otsu and Region Splitter

Neil Panjwani paniwani at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 19:59:14 EDT 2011

Well, to deal with the unwanted regions when building the histogram for the
Otsu threshold, I just modified the Otsu calculator to use a histogram min
and max. I don't know why it doesn't have that functionality built in
already...But the mask adaptor looks interesting.

The Otsu calculator does have a SetRegion() method. I'm just struggling to
break the image into regions first. I need relatively small hypercubes.

I'm currently trying the Adaptive Thresholding paper:

http://www.midasjournal.org/browse/publication/702

Thanks for your help