[Insight-users] Local Otsu and Region Splitter

Neil Panjwani paniwani at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 19:02:53 EDT 2011

Hi,

I need to split my image region into several subregions (hyper cubes) to
compute a local otsu threshold. I tried using
the ImageRegionMultidimensionalSplitter, but it is buggy and produces
invalid subregions. My test image is 512x512x5 but the filter returned an
index of 0,0,6.

I'm using ITK 3.20.0. I noticed in ITKv4 that this filter was changed. When
trying it in ITKv4, however, I ran into another error in that I was unable
to read my dicom series (GDCMImageIO...: Cannot read requested file).

How do I get around these pesky problems? I do not want to move all my code
to ITKv4 in the fear that even more will break and require hours and hours
of debugging...

Does someone have code to compute a local otsu threshold?

Thanks,
Neil