No subject

Sun Apr 3 09:54:08 EDT 2011

"The itk::GradientMagnitudeRecursiveGaussianImageFilter computes the
magnitude
of the image gradient at each pixel location. The computational process is
equivalent to first
smoothing the image by convolving it with a Gaussian kernel and then
applying a differential
operator. The user selects the value of s.

Internally this is done by applying an IIR 1 filter that *approximates a
convolution with the*
*derivative of the Gaussian kernel*. Traditional convolution will produce a
more accurate result,
but the IIR approach is much faster, especially using large ss [21, 22]."

My question:
Is there a filter in ITK that performs the traditional and more accurate
convolution ? I am doing some
curvature calculation in 3D and need to be as accurate as possible. Also,
how do I deal with
different z spacing using this class or other gradient filters ?

Thank you,
Cagatay

--000e0cd5cb4424fac004ae0453f9

gnitudeRecursiveGaussianImageFilter computes the magnitude</div><div>of the=
 image gradient at each pixel location. The computational process is equiva=
lent to first</div>
pplying a differential</div><div>operator. The user selects the value of s.=
 produce a more accurate result,</div><div>but the IIR approach is much fas=
My question:</div><div>Is there a filter in ITK that performs the tradition=
al and more accurate convolution ? I am doing some</div><div>curvature calc=
ulation in 3D and need to be as accurate as possible. Also, how do I deal w=
ith=A0</div>

--000e0cd5cb4424fac004ae0453f9--