[Insight-users] finding emty spaces in a volume

dominique at toepfer-web.de dominique at toepfer-web.de
Mon Apr 18 14:24:33 EDT 2011

Hi Anna,

assuming you're working with binary images, you could invert the image and remove the largest component (using ConnectedComponentImageFilter and RelabelComponentImageFilter). This will be the background of the image, if it is connected and large enough. The other objects in the image will then correspond to the empty spaces you are trying to find.
Note, that the holes must not be conntected with the background for this method to work.

HTH
Dominique

Hi,
I would like to find the empty spaces in my volume but I don't know if there is any itk filter that I can use for this purpose.
Does any one know how can I do that?

Thank you

Thanks
Anna