[Insight-users] finding inverse deformation field

Sara Rolfe smrolfe at u.washington.edu
Mon Apr 11 19:34:17 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm using landmark warping following the example LandmarkWarping2.cxx
to deform an image.  I'd now like to find vector field mapping the
original image to the  warped image which is the inverse of the field
produced.  I've tried using the itkInverseDeformationFieldImageFilter,
but the results are very poor.  I am guessing this is because the
resolution is too low, but with a subsampling factor of less than
about 10, the computational time is very long.

Is there a better way to solve this problem?  Also, in practice,
should results from itkInverseDeformationFieldImageFilter resemble the
correct output, even with lower resolution?  I'm wondering if I could
have something else wrong.

Thanks,
Sara